Fox dissection (graphic)

I found this beautiful animal freshly killed on a country road. I dissected it and am in the process of preserving the large, incredibly soft hide. The skull is being cleaned for me by worms and beetles underground, and I'll exhume it in the spring to add to our humble bone collection. Be warned that these pictures--taken by Ivan while I was working--depict blood and death, and could be disturbing.





Scroll down for photos... 10





Scroll down for photos... 9





Scroll down for photos... 8





Scroll down for photos... 7





Scroll down for photos... 6





Scroll down for photos... 5





Scroll down for photos... 4





Scroll down for photos... 3





Scroll down for photos... 2





Scroll down for photos... 1






















































































Comments